Help Shape Our Industry
By becoming a PLATO member, you have a direct role in creating the standards, practices, policies, and government regulations that affect our industry.
Member Benefits Include:
- Access to and guidance in implementing the ANSI/PLATO FL 1 2016 Standard
- Assistance in litigation regarding false or unfair advertising or practices, false or misleading product specifications or performance claims, counterfeiting, or import violations
- Group discounts on services including ANSI Portable Light testing
- Information resource for industry-specific market research, subject-matter experts, educational materials, informational publications, and white papers on matters specific to the interests of the portable lighting industry.
- Bi-annual member meetings featuring industry-specific speakers, technical presentations, and networking opportunities.
- Brand recognition – members of PLATO are widely viewed as leaders in the portable lighting industry dedicated to upholding robust product standards and advancing the portable lighting industry. Members in good standing may use the PLATO brand icons on their marketing materials and product packaging to convey this leadership position.